Drummer, composer, and producer Shinya Fukumori introduces some of the best jazz happening today in Japan and Asia, and anything related.
As an artist and a producer, Fukumori has long been emphasizing the value of developing sound that is truly unique to Asian culture, perhaps best epitomized in a Japanese idiom “Ryusui Fufu,” which can be interpreted as “flowing water never goes stale.”
Here at Jazz Revelation Japan, Fukumori will, not only share some of his works and of his close allies, but also unearth new sounds and talents that embrace such aesthetic.
1. Claude Delangle - River of Sorrow [BIS]
2. spaciotemporal - Cold Moon [nuclearness Records]
3. Kenji Ozawa - Shinpiteki [Universal Music]
4. Laffey & Yutaka Hirasaka - Peace of Mind [Self-released]
5. Nitin Sawhney - Tides [Outcaste UK]
6. Hitujibungaku - hopi [F.C.L.S.]
7. Choi Baek Ho - The Night [MUSIC&NEW]
8. Ikuko Kawai - Otoko Wa Tsurai Yo [SONY Music]
9. Art Hirahara - Verdant Valley [Posi-Tone Records]
10. CHORO CLUB - Chiisana Sora [NIPPON COLUMBIA]
11. land & quiet - Ame [Universal Music]
12. Atsuki Yoshida EMO strings meets Masaki Hayashi - Bluegray Road [S/N